The HCiD online community (the Community) is a virtual space for persons and organizations interested in the issue of safe access to health care. Members can share key reference documents and tools, and discuss such matters as finding solutions to specific issues and implementing them.
The online community also contains all the recommendations developed during the experts’ workshops conducted in connection with the HCiD project. Members of the Community are encouraged to share both their successes in implementing these recommendations and the obstacles in their way.
The ICRC asks all members to contribute to the online community in a constructive way, and to respect each other’s views.
Members are encouraged to share tools, good practices and training materials, but they are also requested not to exchange documents that may be confidential or politically controversial.
Inevitably, references to certain circumstances – subject of dispute or controversy – might appear in some documents; this online community is not, however, intended for use as an instrument of advocacy for any context or situation.
Therefore, while we value honesty and diversity of opinion, we also reserve the right to delete comments that contain:
- offensive statements pertaining to culture, race, religion or gender;
- abusive language, anger, hate or violence, or are pornographic;
- political statements; and
- accusations against specific authorities, armed forces or armed groups.
The following terms of service apply to your use of the Community. You alone are responsible for your conduct, the material you post, and your compliance with these terms. By registering with us, or by using or browsing this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and agree to be bound by them. The Community is not intended for persons below the age of 18; it is offered only to users who are 18 years of age or older. Persons who provide their personal information through the Community represent themselves as being 18 years of age or older.
You agree not to post, email or make available any content:
- that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary or contractual rights;
- that interrupts, destroys or limits the functioning of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment by means of software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed for that purpose;
- like spam or chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertisements for illegal or controlled products or services, or any other marketing activities that violate these terms of service, any applicable laws or regulations, or generally accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent, or otherwise illegal, or to promote illegal activities, including phishing or other dishonest means of obtaining financial or other personal information for fraudulent purposes;
- that is libellous or defamatory, or threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or that is invasive of another’s privacy;
- that is harmful to minors in any way; or
- that spreads hate or is discriminatory on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age, or is otherwise objectionable.
You also agree not to:
- attempt to interfere with the proper working of the other members of the online community by disrupting the normal flow of conversation with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack), or to do something else to hinder other persons from using it;
- use any manual or automated means – including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders – to access or manage users’ accounts, or to monitor the online community or copy its content;
- facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- disclose personal information about someone else without that person’s explicit consent;
- employ misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers, in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through the Community or to users;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- request, solicit or obtain access by other means to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of the Community or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of the Community for the purposes of automating logins to the Community;
- post any content containing child pornography;
- post any content that constitutes pornography or contains nudity, or is deemed to be suitable only for adults;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like, to download data from the Community – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” Web services/RSS/Atom clients (we reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”);
- post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or burden the Community’s infrastructure, by some other means, with an unreasonable or disproportionately large load;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts or diminishes the quality of the online community, interferes with its performance, or impairs its functioning;
- use the Community as a generic file hosting service;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off the online community or using the system for purposes unrelated to the Community); or
- develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt or diminish the quality of the Community, interfere with its performance, or impair its functioning.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use the Community to facilitate any of the prohibited conduct listed above. You also agree that these terms of service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our community platform provider) and that they – the service providers – may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these terms of service. Technology and hosting for aspects of the Community are provided by the Community’s online service provider. However, the creator of the Community controls the content, membership and policy of the Community, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of the Community. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating in the Community you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider in all matters related to your interaction with others using the Community and to your participation in the Community.